Saturday 27 September 2008

The Beginning


You seem to have found your way to my parlour; have a seat.  Welcome, as it were, to a beginning: the beginning of this journal, Ya'in Suigetsu.  The title, roughly translated, means 'The Dark of Night and the Reflection of the Watery Moon'.

For those of you who know me, you can expect to find, from time to time, anecdotes about my life here in Kasugai and descriptions of the daily goings-on, but the primary purpose of this journal is not to tell you who I am.  Come and read; in time, you will learn who I am.  The primary purpose of this journal is to have a discussion about those things that matter in life: politics, religion, literature, art, morals, philosophy, and the like.

I mean for it to be a civil discussion but a spirited one.  I would be delighted if you comment to express your point of view and put forth a case for your agreement or disagreement.  Come and read; take a while and relax, take a while and think about the world.  If you would like to discuss a particular topic, any topic, let me know.  We can talk about it.  We can go forward together.

Come and read; you may learn who you are.

No comments: